Put your communication equipment on a Maintenance Agreement and Save Time and Money before it's too late.
Stay up to date with the latest wireless technologies, new product releases,
FCC Updates, and specials from Commenco.
MC55 Enterprise Digital Assistant (EDA)
The MC55 EDA brings a new level of flexibility, functionality and rugged design to size-optimized mobile devices, providing mobile workers with the power to streamline business processes, increase productivity and improve customer service. The smallest and lightest Motorola rugged EDA with a 3.5-inch display, the MC55 packs the power of a cell phone, two-way radio, bar code scanner, digital camera and mobile computer - all into a single device. Designed to meet mobile worker, business application and IT requirements, this easy-to-use and easy-to-carry business-class device offers true consumer styling as well as enterprise manageability, security and scalability.
- Sleek yet rugged pocket-sized lightweight form factor
Built for year round use in nearly any environment, with IP54 sealing and the ability to survive 4 ft./1.2 m drop to concrete.
- Powerful microprocessor designed for mobility: XScale PXA270 @ 520 MHz
Desktop-like performance with lower power requirements.
- Microsoft's latest operating system: Windows Mobile 6.1
Increased interoperability with existing enterprise infrastructure; enhanced security features; more flexible development platform; improved mobile messaging collaboration.
- 802.11a/b/g WLAN connectivity with flexible VoIP (VoWLAN) support (MC5590 only; MC5574: 802.11b/g)
Cost-effective voice and data connectivity in the office and hot spots
- WPAN: Bluetooth® v2.0 Enhanced Data Rate (EDR)
Wireless connectivity to modems, printers, headsets and more; v2.0 provides additional throughput, improved security and additional profiles for expanded connectivity to more device types.
- High-quality speakerphone, microphone and transducer
Superior voice quality and performance.
- Multiple voice modes: handset, speakerphone and Bluetooth headset
Flexibility to use the right mode at the right time.
- Multi-mode data capture: 1D/2D bar code scanning plus 2-megapixel, auto-focus, flash-enabled optional color camera with decode capability
Ability to capture high-quality pictures, documents and signatures as well as 1D and 2D bar codes improves workforce automation, increases productivity and reduces data errors.
- 3.5 inch color high definition QVGA display (320 x 240)
Easy to view in virtually any lighting.
- Mobility Platform Architecture (MPA)
Enables easy and cost-effective porting of applications from many other Motorola mobile computers.
- IEEE 1725 compliance for the entire MC55 system - including all models, all batteries and all power-related accessories (such as cradles and charging cables)
Mitigates battery system failure, bringing a new level of reliability, quality and safety to the entire MC55 system
- Multiple keyboard options
Flexibility to use numeric, QWERTY, QWERTZ, AZERTY and NAV PIM (5590 only) keyboards allows MC55 to meet diverse user and application needs.
- User accessible microSD card slot
Provides additional memory and expandable functionality.
- 128MB RAM/256MB ROM
Provides memory space required to enable robust performance for database applications.
- 2.5G WWAN: GSM/GPRS/EDGE broadband connectivity over the cellular network (MC5574 only)
High performance wireless broadband with the world's broadest voice and data footprint for workers outside the four walls.
To request free consultation by phone, call 800-292-9725 or
Consultants are available Mon-Fri 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM CST